Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cat Habits

So, it is nice to have my computer back up and running. I have had a few topics that I wanted to write about while away and of course I cannot remember any of them. Instead, I will resume with some cat-habits that a feline lover must endure:

Annoying things about cats!

1.Their absolute need to lay down on whatever reading material you have in front of you

2. Their total refusal to do that extremely cute thing they ALWAYS do when someone from outside the household is there to see it

3. The way they will eat random substances that are bad for them, like rubber bands or tinsel, but will fight to the death not to take helpful medication

4. Their need to show you how disgusting the off-brand food you gave them is by pretending it's something in their litter box and repeatedly pantomiming that they are burying it

5. Their magnetic attraction to anyone who doesn't like cats, shown by affection to them that is truly over the top, when you some days barely get a second glance

6. Their dire need to wash their most personal parts when you are trying to show said non-cat-lovers how adorable cats are

(the above mentioned were from a website. I have a few of my own)

1. they will run to the door to greet you home from work only to remind you it is time to eat

2. their need to use the litter box immediately after I have cleaned it out

3. when Porter is bored he finds it appropriate to sit directly in front of the TV. He just sits and stares at you...

4. how they can find the ONE thing you don't want them playing with out of a room full of potential play-things

I could add more to the list! To be fair the annoyances are only minor and are something that annoys you one minute, and the next it is what you find cute and funny when you are in a good mood.

One bad habit I have been enduring with my kitten, Charlie, is that he is nipping at me. It is when he is purring and pawing me with affection he nuzzles my face and bites my nose or chin or cheek. I am convinced this is him trying to latch on as a kitten would to a mother cat. Oh, the things we endure for FUR love! I could really use any helpful ideas to prevent this... I was thinking about getting a pacifier for him but that would make me an official CCL (crazy cat lady)

No comments:

Post a Comment